Sunday, October 21, 2007

On the Road to Illinois

Well kids, its my first road trip of the season. We're here in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois at the University of Illinois for what we expect to be a heck of a game. We don't play until 8pm EST (7CT) and it will make for an incredibly loooooong day for us.

We had our traditional breakfast (although it was Bob Evans and not Denny's) where we were treated with respect by opposing fans. It was nice.

We went back to the hotel, watched Game Day on ESPN, worked on my sign that I would break out once the game was well in hand, and got ready to head over to tailgate. We weren't too far from the stadium and the people around us were pretty nice - always a concern when on the road.

We went into the game early so I could get down low and take pictures. The seats most of the Michigan fans had were wayyyyy up high! UGH!! How do they expect elderly people to make that trip? It was exhausting. (As you can see, I got some good pics of the players warming up,)
Mike Hart's participation would be a game time decision - and while I was down taking pictures, the team came out. No Hart. Okay - maybe he's in the locker room I thought. A little while later I see him wearing warm ups - no uniform. OH NOOOOO! That's not good. He is truly the heart and soul of our team - him not playing is not good for this team.

There were some Illini fans in front of us. Oh well. The game went back and forth and in the 4th quarter, Michigan's depth began to show. They finally let the Illini have it finishing with a score of 27-17. We play Minnesota next - at home. Only 2 home games to go and its all over. Hard to believe we're getting close to the end of the season!

A big thumbs down to the jackass who stole my sign as I was leaving the stadium. I'm pretty sure he's an Illini fan - maybe he didn't like the fact I called his coach out for being the traitor he is to the conference. Maybe he wanted to use it later...I don't know but you're still a jackass for stealing it from a woman. Does that make you a big bad man? Well congratufreakinlations. Jackass.

No comments: